Miss T turns into Mrs D!

The children in my class know that this Christmas time was particularly exciting for me as I got married on Monday! It was a fabulous day and as promised for my class, here are a few pictures! I hope that you have all had a lovely Christmas and thay you were good enough this year that Father Christmas brought you some goodies, rather than a lump of coal…

I have recently check my emails and have seen a new recommendation by Maisie.’Out of my mind’ by Sharon M Draper, Maisie explained, is a diary type book of the thoughts of a young girl with cerebral palsy who cannot speak. I can imagine that this is going to be quite challenging to read, but an emotional book to remind me how fortunate I am and also how every person is an individual with unique qualities.

I am currently on a mini-moon in Scotland. We are going to Glasgow City centre where I will drag James around the children’s section in a book shop to buy Draper’s book. Thanks Maisie!

Wishing you all a happy and book filled new year!

(This is me and my sisters by the way! Aren’t they beautiful bridesmaids!)

Advertisements

27 Comments Add yours

1. maisie g says:

That’s so cool. You look very pretty! Happy New Year!

Liked by 1 person

2. Ella, year 6 says:

You look absolutely stunning! you and your sisters look very similar!
    P.S I love your hair – ive got to look it up on the Internet, it’s a French updo or something like that!
    Happy New Year!

Liked by 1 person

3. Ella, year 6 says:

Are you changing ‘the blog’ to Mrs D recommends or keeping it as miss T?

1. vteubler says:

Keeping it as Miss T for the moment. Once I’ve settled into my new job (and married life!) I will have a think about what to do with the blog.

4. Dear miss t ( sorry MRS D )
    U look very beautiful in your wedding dress and I’m very happy for u and your new life with James please visit. We’ll miss u.
    Love from
    Bethany

1. vteubler says:

Thanks Bethany!

5. Mrs D
    Remember u where a great teacher
    Bethany

Liked by 1 person

6. Ella says:

I have very exciting news that I want to tell you now that everyone in the class knows. Garry (mummy’s boyfriend) proposed to mum on Christmas eve and they’re going to get married soon. Robyn and I are going to be bridesmaids. We went wedding dress shopping and we’ve chosen a couple of dresses that mum likes. We’ve also chosen bridesmaids dresses for Robyn and I!

School has been great – Mrs Renaud definitely knows that I love books, we were chatting about books and I found out that she has a love for David Williams too! She isn’t much different to you, she’s very funny and I like her. Im still the same with Miss Daniels tho.
    Please visit one day!! I really like Mrs Renaud but you’ll always be my favorite teacher or shall I say ‘ex – teacher’ 😢
    Xx

1. vteubler says:

What lovely news! Congratulations to Mum and Gary! 👰
      I am glad that you are enjoying school and persevering with all challenges! You are very lucky to have both of your new teachers.
      What are you reading at the moment? I’m reading ‘Out of my mind’ by Sharon Draper. Maisie recommended it and it’s a real page turner!

7. Ella says:

Well I’ve started reading the lord of the rings as it seems to be quite popular with some of the boys at school and I was wondering what all the fuss was about. I’m enjoying it So far even though the story line is a bit confuzeling. I might give out of my mind a try as it sounds very good!

Liked by 1 person

8. Finn year6 says:

you should read dark mouth by Shane Hegarty happy new year

Liked by 1 person

1. vteubler says:

Happy new year to you too Finn! I’ll have to put this on my list for the library. What’s it like? Why do you think I’ll like it?

9. Finn year6 says:

well its a action book about a boy called Finn who his a legend hunter he tracks monsters from the infested side (monster world ) when they come into the real world. But when his father jumps in a portal to the infested side so Finn jumps in after him his then Finns dad gets trapped in the infested side when he pushed Finn back through . I like your wedding photos .
    🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. vteubler says:

Action – tick
      Monsters – tick
      Legend hunter – tick!
      Need to get this I think. Did the fact that the main character is called Finn draw you to the book?
      Thanks for the comment about the pictures. I felt a bit silly putting them on the blog, as it’s about books, but thought you guys might like to see it.
      Keep on recommending all your latest reads and enjoy 2016!

10. Ella says:

I like the sound of that book too! I’ll have to try that after ive finished lord of the rings..
    Ps we still all miss you a lot!!!!

1. vteubler says:

Crikey, how are you getting on with The Lord of the Rings? I read that over about a year whilst reading other books – it was too much in one go! I really enjoyed reading them before the films came out so that I would know what was going to happen. Yup – I’m that old. Haha!

1. Ella says:

The films couldn’t have come out THAT long ago. You’re not that old *cracking up*! I got a bit more than half way through and got bored of it. Well I say bored, I didn’t get bored I just lost track of the characters storylines and then it just got very confuzeling. Im now onto born to run by Michael Morpurgo. Ps I’m going to review a book on a post since I can’t seem to find your reviews and recommendations anymore…

11. Finn year6 says:

no it was Zac he read the book and recommended it you were right that we wanted to see the pictures we miss you.

Liked by 1 person

12. Finn year6 says:

Darkmouth 2 is good to

13. Finn year6 says:

im reading the whispering road is good you should read it

1. vteubler says:

I bought Darkmouth the other day and I’ve started reading it. Really like it so far – thank you! Getting Percy Jackson vibes from it which is not a bad thing!
      Thanks again for the recommendation and I’ll let you know how I get on 😀 📖

14. Ella says:

That book sound really good I’ve run out of books to read so I’ll get that at the library

15. Finn year6 says:

whispering road is a childs book but has swearing in it a teacher recommend it as well (my mums friend is a teacher).my mums ingaged yeah.

16. Sophie says:

You look stunning in your wedding dress! I love the way you did your hair, or got it done.

17. Finn year6 says:

Thanks for showing/telling me the what the author said

Liked by 1 person

18. Bethany Russell. Year 7 says:

Hi miss D. Haven’t seen u in almost a year now oh well. Hope your still okay and wish you all the best. How are u and your husband. All the family is well. Harvey is almost 5 months old. Also sorry for not speaking in a while oops

1. vteubler says:

Lovely to hear from you Bethany, I am very well thank you. Congratulations on the birth of Harvey! How exciting! I hope you have enjoyed your first term of school.
      Have you read anything good lately? I’m really getting into the Tudors at the moment and am reading some history books about them as well as a funny book called Moone Boy.